- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped, unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch baking pan.
In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup together. Stir in 1/4 cup of the peanut butter and the vanilla. Mix well and stir in the oats. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
To Make Topping: In the top half of a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together. Stir in 2/3 cup of the peanut butter and the chopped nuts. Stir until well blended.
Spread the topping over the still warm cooked bars. Sprinkle with additional chopped nuts, if desired. Let bars cool on a rack then refrigerate. Cut into bars once chilled.