- 1 center-cut bacon slice, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to pan; cook 3 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove bacon from pan. Add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, celery, and thyme to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in corn, red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over fish. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with corn mixture.